All UCLA Research Administration & RPC Staff,
I am writing to provide an update of new information that became available since my message at the end of 2020 regarding employee benefits and resources as well as notices that may require your action/attention. I encourage you to read all the items below to stay up to date on COVID-19 related topics and other information that may impact our work environment. Future summaries will continue to be distributed on a monthly basis to keep pace with the rapidly changing environment as new information becomes available.
Benefits & Resources
- UCLA’s COVID-19 Response and Recovery Task Force held a virtual town hall on January 14, 2021 to update faculty and staff on the progress of UCLA Health’s vaccination program. See the link for this informative recorded session. There will be another virtual town hall for faculty and staff held on Jan. 27th at Noon. On January 22nd UCLA announced it has also started offering COVID-19 vaccinations to employees 75 years of age and older.
- UCLA’s COVID-19 Vaccine Information Hub contains updated information on vaccine distribution plans and FAQs.
- COVID-19 Case Dashboard (DOCX) was announced on January 5, 2021 by Administrative Vice Chancellor Michael Beck. It is an effort to keep our community members informed if they were present in a building where someone who tested positive for COVID-19 had been.
Notices & Action Items
- UC Managing Implicit Bias Series. For those who have completed this course, thank you! If you have not yet completed the six series course this is a reminder to do so no later than January 31, 2021. Completion of this educational program will be a consideration in all staff performance evaluations this year.
- COVID 19 – Returning to Work on Campus eCourse For those who have completed this course, thank you! If you did not complete the 30-minute course by the December 31, 2020 deadline, please do so.
- Extending Remote Work through June 30, 2021 on January 11th Executive Vice Chancellor/Provost, Emily Carter announced that those who have been successfully working remotely will continue doing so through June 30, 2021.
The main campus portal UCLA COVID-19 Resources and Bruins Safe Online contains guidance and updates for the Bruin community, the media and the broader public about UCLA’s ongoing response to the coronavirus pandemic. See “Information for Staff.”
Should you have any questions or need assistance with any of the items above, please contact me or Human Resource Manager, Grace Yi.
Senior Director, Office of Business & Financial Services
Senior Director, Office of Research Data Management