All UCLA Research Administration & RPC Staff,
I am writing to provide an update of new information that became available since my message last month regarding employee benefits and resources as well as notices that may require your action/attention. I encourage you to read all the items below and enclosures to stay up to date on COVID-19 related topics that may impact our work environment. Future summaries will continue to be distributed on a monthly basis to keep pace with the rapidly changing environment as new information becomes available.
Benefits & Resources
- Additional Dependent Care Resources are outlined in the attached October 9th memo by VC Michael Beck, VC Michael Levine, and Devin Dillon Superintendent of PreK-12 Operations.
- New UCLA Online Telecommuting Resource announced on October 2nd by VC Michael Beck.
- Health Protocols for a Safer Return to Campus issued on September 18th by VC Michael Beck.
Notices & Action Items
- Extending Remote Work through March 19, 2021 on September 29th VC Michael Beck announced that those who have been successfully working remotely will continue doing so through March 19, 2021, which is the end of winter quarter.
- Plans to Extend Campus Winter Closure will be effective from Saturday, December 19, 2020 through Sunday, January 3, 2021. The campus plans to re-open on Monday, January 4, 2021, while continuing limited COVID-19 operational conditions. See attached memo from Campus Human Resources for details.
- 2020-21 UC Influenza Vaccination Order requires all members of the UC community to receive an influenza immunization by November 1, 2020. Non-Health Care employees DO NOT need to submit documentation to verify they received the flu shot—honor system. If staff report to work on-site for any period of time, then the only requirement is to complete the Non-Health Care Work on Campus Daily Symptom Monitoring Survey (see section B for survey) and respond “Yes” or “No” to the question regarding receiving the flu shot. The employee completing the survey certifies all information is true and correct. If an employee is working entirely remotely and has no contact with co-workers, they are not required to complete the survey. If an employee selects “No,” on the survey they will be asked if they have an approved medical exemption or a disability or religious accommodation. See FAQ for further details.
The main campus portal UCLA COVID-19 Resources contains guidance and updates for the Bruin community, the media and the broader public about UCLA’s ongoing response to the coronavirus pandemic. See “Information for Staff.”
Should you have any questions or need assistance with any of the items above, please contact Human Resource Manager, Grace Yi.
Senior Director, Office of Business & Financial Services
Senior Director, Office of Research Data Management